quaker fencer

kathz isn't quite my name. I may be a Quaker. If I'm a fencer I'm a bad one and I don't do sabre. If I'm a Quaker I'm a bad one - but you've worked that out already. Read on. Comment if you like. Don't expect a reply.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Friday, May 12, 2006

being tagged

I was tagged byBeth so now I'm trying to pass on the tag - but I've never done this before.

I am almost anonymous. But some people may work out who I am when/if they read this.
I want a new fencing jacket and mask - the kind that fits perfectly and makes me look glamorous when I fence. (OK, I'm fantasising.)
I wish I had lived my life differently, taken more risks and run away to sea on occasion - or just had a few more holidays abroad.
I hate the fear spread and encouraged by those in power. Courage is the best weapon of the powerless.
I fear
the loss of those I care about.
I hear traffic noise and sirens. I would like to hear mountain streams and birdsong.
I wonder why - and, then again, why not.
I am not a linguist - but I try very hard.
I dance infrequently and badly. On a good day, I can waltz - but no-one asks me.
I cry rarely. Who needs to know how I feel?
I am not happy today - but I have been happy before and shall be again.
I make with my hands, little sculptures from discarded blu-tak, which I then squash and re-mould into a small blue ball.
I write poems which I don't publish - so you haven't read them.
I confuse my students. It's good for them.
I need some coffee before 7.00 every morning. It has to be good espresso, served by the mug. (yes, I'm an addict.)
I start writing a novel. If I had time I would finish it - but it's so gloomy that only the mad or the fooolish would wish to read it.
I finish the day unable to sleep without the aid of peppermint tea.
I try, really - ever so hard - well, I think I do (more or less).
I tag John at Wooldale Friends , dodo at Areopagitica, and applestew

2 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

Well said. Not as easy as you'd think was it?

6:59 pm  
Blogger kathz said...

It's really hard - but fun too, in a way (and distracted me from tidying my office).

7:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home