quaker fencer

kathz isn't quite my name. I may be a Quaker. If I'm a fencer I'm a bad one and I don't do sabre. If I'm a Quaker I'm a bad one - but you've worked that out already. Read on. Comment if you like. Don't expect a reply.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, May 26, 2007

ADVERTISEMENT - not about fencing

This isn't about fencing. But I think this book is important so I'm including the advertisement on this blog too. I know some of my readers are film fans so you may like to know that a film of Murder in Samarkand is scheduled for release next year. And North American readers can buy used and new copies from Amazon.com (prices is $$ U.S.), get new copies from Canadian on-line retailer Indigo (prices in $$ Canadian), or order directly from www.amazon.co.uk.


Craig Murray's book, Murder in Samarkand, is part of a 3 for 2 promotion in Waterstone's. (That means that if you go shopping with two friends, you can get a copy each and only pay for two of them). It's also reduced in their internet shop. You don't have to buy it there. If you have a good local bookshop, buy it there. There are various on-line booksellers. Your library should stock a copy - or several.

You can buy it in paperback or in hardback - or borrow it.

Above all - read it. It's a good read and has important things to say. The focus is Uzbekistan. But it discusses the way British foreign policy operates. It explains a great deal of the background to the so-called "War on Terror". Unlike most books on politics, it's gripping. A friend stayed up reading it till the early hours of the morning because he couldn't put it down until he knew how it ended. (But the big story isn't over.)

You can also log on to Craig Murray's website and blog.

P.S. I think that Craig Murray's a hero. But he would disagree.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home